After 20 years as the Executive Director of the Wilson Education Partnership, Martha Vick is retiring effective June 30th. Her commitment to fostering relationships between WCS and local businesses and supporting our students/staff is second to none! The search for someone to fill her enormous professional shoes has begun. The Board of Directors is searching for a candidate now, below is the information regarding the position and how to apply.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Wilson, NC
Wilson Education Partnership (WEP) seeks an energized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial driven full-time Executive Director. WEP is a non-profit organization with a mission to work with Wilson County Schools (WCS), businesses and the community to promote excellence in public education. The Executive Director is the key representative and is responsible for the administration, programs and strategic planning of the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with or in public education or demonstration of a strong relationship in some capacity with public schools
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, preferably a non-profit Board, whether directly reporting to a Board, serving in a leadership capacity on a Board or serving as a Board member
- Substantial fundraising, grant writing and budget management experience
- Excellent computer skills; including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
- Strong marketing skills, including previous experience with social media and public relations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate communicator with the ability to engage with a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrate passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven ethics
- Available to work after hour/weekend events and programs
Job Type: Full-time starting July 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience, benefits provided by Wilson County Schools
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three professional references in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is March 15, 2017.