Each year the Board of Directors develops a program of work that supports the initiatives of the Wilson County School System. Committees within the Board of Directors collaborate with the executive director, designated school administrators and community leaders to develop action plans, secure resources and implement programs to fulfill the Partnership objectives. Initiatives may vary as needs of the community and school system change.
Building on more than 30 years of service to Wilson County Schools as our community’s business-education link, WEP will continue to fulfill our mission with a renewed commitment to the creation and support of mutually beneficial partnerships that align with the school district’s strategic plan.
WEP currently has identified two focus areas where our energy and resources will be prioritized. We are working to develop and support activities aimed at improving college and career readiness outcomes for students, ultimately helping provide a prepared workforce for current and future employers. We are committed to providing support, recognition and resources for the teachers, administrators and staff in Wilson County Schools.
Specific initiatives include:
- Career Connections Program
- Career Health Connections
- Tours to businesses to observe careers
- Promoting NC College Application Week and National College Fair to students and parents
- Teacher professional development/ externship opportunities
- Teacher and Principal of the Year awards and recognition
- Minigrants for educators
- Scholarships for Students
- Beginning Teacher support and recognition