Career Health Connections
This program is designed for juniors and seniors interested in learning more about careers in healthcare. Students will do a 9-week rotation.
Selected students will:
- Receive hands-on experiences, with health care professionals, in Radiology, Lab, Pharmacy, and Nursing at Wilson Medical Center
- Get HIPPA and Confidentiality training provided by Area L AHEC
- Tour EMS, including an ambulance, and the 911 Call Center
- Work with patient mannequins at the Virtual Medical Center with Wilson Community College Nursing staff
- Receive Narcan training and substance abuse education from Wilson County Substance Prevention Coalition
After completion, they will receive a Career Health Connections Program Certificate and a $100 scholarship at their school’s Awards Day.
WEP will offer a program in the spring and in the fall. Students are only eligible to attend 1 session.
For more details, or to apply, please email [email protected].
Thanks to our Program Partners